Skip to main content

Magic Makeup Remover



-Magic Makeup Remover-


I’m always interested in trying new beauty products and I love finding new things that work for me, so I subscribe to Birchbox (which is just a monthly subscription of different skincare and makeup products). In this months box I received something I've never heard of before so I thought it would be worth writing about it here. The the brand of the product is Afterspa which is new to me too, they describe this product as a magic makeup remover, so I was pretty interested in finding out more. Before I opened the packaging my initial thought was that it was going to be a little mitt, but when I opened it up it was a long oval piece of fluffy cloth, but I think I may have received a sample size so the full version probably is a mitt. I machine washed it first as instructed, because that's apparently what makes it work, according to the instructions (I’m not sure what the science behind it is). When I ran it under the tap I expected it be soapy and have some kind of product on it, but there was none, it was just a wet cloth. I started off with a full face of makeup because I thought it would help me get a good gauge on how well the product really works. Once it was soaked in warm water I wiped it across my face, I did find it quite hard to wipe over my face, I’m not sure if that's intentional or just because of the type of material, but it was a bit of a odd sensation. I found that after running it under the tap a few times the makeup it had removed did not wash off the cloth, which I thought was inconvenient because it would mean machine washing it after every use, that being said, I was surprised at how well it did take my makeup off considering I didn't use any other makeup remover. It took most of my eye makeup off in the first wipe (and I was wearing quite a lot) so that impressed me. After using it I found that it had removed virtually all of my makeup and left my skin feeling lovely and fresh, but a little bit sticky at the same time, I'm not sure what that could have been. Overall I am surprised at how well it worked and am still confused as to how it worked, I’m sceptical that it has no remover of any kind, but it could just be a plain fleecy cloth for all I know, however, it did remove my full face of makeup just as well as the micellar water does. But is it really magic? I think it must be!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4 Steps to Clear Skin

-My 4 Step Nightly Skincare Routine- Hello! So today I’m going to share my 4-step nightly skincare routine that I’m sure gives me clear and almost poreless skin! I been using few Liz Earle products every night for over a year now and I swear by it. People often say to me how clear my skin looks and I suppose that’s partly just down to luck, I never really get any spots and I was fortunate enough to not suffer with acne in school, but it’s also down to the products I use and how I look after my skin. I tend to apply quite a bit of makeup during the day which means I need a good makeup remover to get it all off, so I use the Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser, which brings me to my first step. -Step One- I generously apply the Liz Earle cleanser to my dry face on top of all my makeup while I fill up the sink with “hand hot” water. Then using one of the Liz Earle muslin cloths, I wash the cleanser off which brings all my makeup off too, rinsing the muslin cloth under the tap after ev

My Top 5 Makeup Tips

-My Life Saving Makeup Tips- As a makeup lover, I’m always trying new products and techniques but there are still little things that bother me, like the way concealer builds up into little lines beneath my eye, or when I accidentally touch my face with the mascara wand after doing a full face of makeup, so I’ve come up with 5 top tips to help up makeup amateurs (or pros)! -Tip One- Removing makeup mistakes Mascara is always the last thing I apply when doing my makeup in the morning, which makes my face more at risk of being ruined by the classic ‘poking myself in the eye and transferring the mascara to my bottom eyelid’, or just being clumsy and touching my face with a wand-full of mascara. I’ve mentioned Garnier’s Micellar water in a previous post and that I don’t really like to use it much, but it is good for getting rid of little mistakes like this one. I put a tiny bit of the micellar water on to a cotton bud and dab the area I want removed until it’s nearly gone (t

Is BADgal BANG really out of this world?