Skip to main content

Is BADgal BANG really out of this world?





Benefit Cosmetics’ New Mascara

At the beginning of this month Benefit Cosmetics released their brand new mascara after three months of hyping it up, and after using it for a week I’m going to share my thoughts on it. 
When it was first released I was a bit disappointed that it was a mascara, I was expecting it to be something we hadn’t really seen before, as I predicted in my last post I thought it would be a brow product or a new range, and with the kind of publicity it got I still feel as though it should have been a new range rather than just one product. Even though I knew what it was before I bought it, I still went to my nearest Benefit counter to buy it as soon as it was launched. According to the benefit representative I spoke to about it I was the first person in our region to buy it (how sad), so I did get a few freebies from it which was great as I love a lot of their products. 
But after using it for a week, did I think it was out of this world? Well in short, no I don’t think it’s out if this world, it certainly took a bit of getting used to, and I think there is a bit of a technique to using it, I found that if I just layered it on it became quite clumpy. It definitely felt light and my lashes did look thick and voluminous but it took a bit of work to prevent them from clumping together, I used a second dry mascara wand to brush my lashes after I’d applied the mascara to separate my lashes. I also found that it’s pretty hard to get off, this can be good and bad for a number of reasons, it’s hard wearing but just wiping my face quickly with micellar water won’t completely take it off. All in all, I do like the mascara, and I would recommend it, and as I said it does make my lashes thick and voluminous, I’ll continue to use it but I don’t know how much I prefer it to Too Faced’s Better Than Sex mascara. I’d rate Benefit Cosmetics BADgal BANG mascara 7/10, losing points for being a little clumpy, and while wearing it all day at work I found that there was some fall off, but I am very fussy about my mascaras!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4 Steps to Clear Skin

-My 4 Step Nightly Skincare Routine- Hello! So today I’m going to share my 4-step nightly skincare routine that I’m sure gives me clear and almost poreless skin! I been using few Liz Earle products every night for over a year now and I swear by it. People often say to me how clear my skin looks and I suppose that’s partly just down to luck, I never really get any spots and I was fortunate enough to not suffer with acne in school, but it’s also down to the products I use and how I look after my skin. I tend to apply quite a bit of makeup during the day which means I need a good makeup remover to get it all off, so I use the Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser, which brings me to my first step. -Step One- I generously apply the Liz Earle cleanser to my dry face on top of all my makeup while I fill up the sink with “hand hot” water. Then using one of the Liz Earle muslin cloths, I wash the cleanser off which brings all my makeup off too, rinsing the muslin cloth under the tap after ev

My Top 5 Makeup Tips

-My Life Saving Makeup Tips- As a makeup lover, I’m always trying new products and techniques but there are still little things that bother me, like the way concealer builds up into little lines beneath my eye, or when I accidentally touch my face with the mascara wand after doing a full face of makeup, so I’ve come up with 5 top tips to help up makeup amateurs (or pros)! -Tip One- Removing makeup mistakes Mascara is always the last thing I apply when doing my makeup in the morning, which makes my face more at risk of being ruined by the classic ‘poking myself in the eye and transferring the mascara to my bottom eyelid’, or just being clumsy and touching my face with a wand-full of mascara. I’ve mentioned Garnier’s Micellar water in a previous post and that I don’t really like to use it much, but it is good for getting rid of little mistakes like this one. I put a tiny bit of the micellar water on to a cotton bud and dab the area I want removed until it’s nearly gone (t